Trending Songs

I Have These Lucid Dreams

Ricardo Zayas, Staff

Music is a large part of everyone’s lives on a daily basis whether it’s on the way to work, during a workout, or simply just to sing it. Many different genres too that branch out into smaller and smaller subdivisions.

The song I choose was Lucid Dreams by Juice WRLD. It has a catchy beat and very easy to get stuck in your head for the rest of the day. Before even getting into the song what is a lucid dream? Lucky for you I’ve got the definition. A Lucid Dream is a dream in which the person dreaming the dream is aware and may have control over what takes place, the environment, and the people in the dream.

Jarad Higgins, also known as Juice WRLD, says he wrote this song at the age of 19 in his senior year of high school. He wrote this song on a stormy day in his living room, like a puzzle he began piecing the pieces together: the verse, the chorus, and so on. “I feel as though if you’re able to control your dreams you have more power and control over your mind, like you could reach more areas of your mind. Therefore, I feel like it creates the ability for you to achieve more things in reality,” says Higgins.

The song is very popular and many teens relate to it as it talks about a girl leaving a teenage boy. Personally I like the song and know a lot of other classmates that enjoy the song too.

“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams”- Willy Wonka