The Breakfast Club

Don't you, forget about me!

Emma Roberts, Staff

The Breakfast Club, a long time classic, has just arrived to Netflix. This masterpiece that was written and directed by John Hughes (who also wrote Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,) follows the story of  five students, Claire Standish, Andrew Clark, John Bender, Brian Johnson and Allison Reynolds who were all sent to detention for varying reasons.

This movie has connected to many high school students that have seen it. It covers all the basic stereotypical high school groups, goths, jocks, populars, geniuses, and baddies; what really solidifies the connection high school kids have to this movie is the fact that no matter what group the students were in, they all felt like they didn’t belong. I feel like this a very accurate representation as to how high school students feel, as if they are confined to being friends with only the kids that “qualify” to be in their group.

Another aspect that helps students connect to this movie is the factor of the students working together by the end of the movie despite their differences in social preference. Not to mention the realization that all of the students had secrets and emotions that they kept to themselves, that I feel is true for most students in high school. Everyone always thinks that they know everything about someone just by how the look, but this movie proves that’s just not true.

I definitely recommend this movie to everyone, especially if you feel like you don’t fit in at school. So, pull out the popcorn and cuddle with your pet, and watch this amazingly relatable movie, now on Netflix!

About the Writer