Orchestra Banquet

Back to Article
Back to Article

Orchestra Banquet

Sagan Savage, Staff

On Monday the 15th, members of the Bloomingdale Orchestra held their end-of-year banquet. The Culinary classes provided the food, which many enjoyed. “They made some kind of pasta, and it was so good. Definitely my favorite thing about the banquet,” Cameron Dabbs (12) said. After eating, students went to the auditorium to receive their awards. They called up each class onto the stage where students received their letters and bars to signify one year in orchestra.

Freshmen Isabella Almeida enjoyed her first banquet. “It was really fun  and everyone was super nice and welcoming,” Almeida said.

The orchestra also voted for a person in each class to receive an Outstanding Award. The Outstanding Award is chosen by the student of each orchestra. It signifies someone who stood out and was a superior student. For the freshman class, Caitlin Beery won. For the sophomore class Trey Hydock was chosen, and for the junior class Antonio De Jesus was voted in. The director, Ms. Sutherland, also picked a student to get the Directors Awards. This signified the person’s good leadership, playing, and overall superiority that the director found commendable. This year, Christina Diaz (12) was presented with this award. “It was just so sweet, and I’m really happy, because it’s my last year and I’m happy to have done everything to have gotten the award, ” Diaz said.

This is Ms. Sutherland’s last year teaching at Bloomingdale and she will be received a retirement gift at the final Orchestra Concert on April 22nd.

For many, this will be their last year in the program. “It was a bittersweet moment to know that my time with the orchestra would soon end, but I enjoyed all the time I spent working with my fellow classmates,” Chris Hackbardt (12) said.

About the Writer