Rows, Columns, and Diagonals

Back to Article
Back to Article

Rows, Columns, and Diagonals

Lauren Hicks, Staff

Bloomingdale hosted its third chorus bingo night of the year on this past Friday, and had a huge turnout. Students brought their families to take part in some after-school fun, gathered together in the cafeteria. Once the first game started, the anticipation rose as the attendees anxiously awaited for the numbers to be called. Along with the eight other bingo games that followed, there were also a few raffles and concessions. Those who were lucky enough to win a bingo game got a gift basket. Each basket was unique and filled with a variety of different assortments.

Freshman Madeline Oller (who attended bingo night with her mom) won the sixth bingo game. “I went to the last bingo night with my mom as well, and while we didn’t win that time, we enjoyed it a lot. We decided to go to bingo night and try our luck again, and this time we won. I got a blue prize basket filled with a ton of cool stuff along with a twenty dollar coupon for Bloomingdale pizza,” Oller said.

Another student who attended this Chorus Bingo night was Heidi Etter (9). She went to the first bingo night of the year as a volunteer, and this time got to play the game with friends. “The best part about bingo night was getting to play with my friends and seeing them in a competitive environment.  It was really entertaining even though we didn’t win,” Etter said. She and her friends enjoyed each other’s company and got very close to bingo several times playing all nine games.

The money from concessions went back to the chorus program and the gift baskets were made by the booster club. The Chorus Bingo night was a success to say the least. Everyone who attended had a blast. Many of them plan on going to the next one and maybe bringing more people to engage in the fun. Whether it was a prize basket or just a lively experience, everyone who went left with more than they came with.