Bloomingdale’s Singing, Dancing Show Choir

Back to Article
Back to Article

Last week on April 2nd and April 4th the school hosted our annual Show Choir showcase. Every year, various high schools and middle schools from the county perform for parents, teachers, and themselves to show off what they’ve learned.

The showcase talks place in the span of two days. The first day consists of high school students while the second day mixes in middle school. Some schools bring multiple choirs along. Each performed about three songs, some new and some old. Bloomingdale performs first, usually with a Broadway style on the second day. Gaither High School, with an advanced choir, did a sing-along number with a well-known song for all the choirs to join in.

There was a wide variety of styles at the event from Durant beatboxing to Randall performing the greatest showman with top hats, canes, and movie-inspired dances. Some had simpler performances with students singing in a circle like at a campfire which gave an intimate feel. Other schools were like rock stars, gesturing for the crowd to scream along with the loudest parts.

“It’s a whole learning experience and just a good time in general,” Tori Inganamort said. She is one of the school’s Silhouette performers.

Besides the fun that the choirs and audience had, it was a great learning experience for teachers as well.

From anthems to ballads, the showcase did its job, displaying the hard work that went on this year in its full, loud glory.