SGA Elections

Back to Article
Back to Article

SGA Elections

Kylie Kuhn (11) poses with her campaign poster.

Isabella Brown, Staff

Alexis Cole (11), Kylie Kuhn (11), Victoria Baldor (10), Morgan Guarisco (11), La’Tatiana Beasly (10), and Kate Turner (10) are the new SGA officers for the 2019-2020 school year. All of the candidates campaigned for weeks to try and secure their votes. Many made beat tags, buttons, or stickers in addition to the campaign poster advertising themselves. They were voted for by the student body on Edsby and announced on April 1.

Kylie Kuhn ran for the SGA public relations position. She joined SGA this year. Kuhn wanted to run for the position because she wanted to “make a change in SGA and how everyone portrays themselves on social media. I also really enjoy writing and editing commercials for the morning show with other people in SGA. This position gives me the freedom to create things and bring my ideas to life,” Kuhn said.

Kuhn was the only candidate on the ballot for this position, and knew she would win the vote, but she was still nervous. “I knew I had my position, but a lot of my friends were running against each other,” Kuhn said.

Even though Kuhn has barely been in office, she already knows what her next moves are in this position. “I plan to change how the student body views SGA and increase the use of social media. As students it is our responsibility to build our school up as we want to be and in a way that we believe will make us more successful as students,” Kuhn said.

Madison Gergely (11) is one of many students who voted on Edsby. Gergely voted because she wanted “to make sure my voice was heard. I think it is important that the student body has some kind of say in which students are in office. They have a really important job of making school more fun and memorable and we don’t want just anyone in those high positions,” Gergely said. Gergely is also involved in her class steering club. “SGA and steering are super important and I want every student to know that their vote does not go unnoticed. The fact that you are supporting your classmates means that you are helping to represent Bloomingdale well,” Gergely said.